SO 99321 68639
41 High House Lane, Tardebigge, Worcestershire B60 3AQ
Pre-New Town Location
Click image to Enlarge
Information about this Farm:
HIGH HOUSE FARM, in High House Lane, was, in the mid nineteenth century, in the hands of William Bradley, a Tardebigge church- warden in the 1840s. Following the 1946 sale of the Hewell Estates the property was owned by John Coney and he sold it in 1951 to Boxfoldia Ltd, one of whose joint managers, John Foyle, came and lived at the farm with his wife Eileen. Unfortunately in 1964 there was a fire there in which Eileen, who was alone in the house at the time, died. For many years the farm, owned by Boxfoldia, was managed by Heinrich Siodlioteck (known as Heinz) who had been a prisoner of war, together with his English wife Doreen and son Peter. Latterly the farmhouse has been a private dwelling, with adjacent barn conversions.
Source: A Hundred Years In Tardebigge – The Revd Alan White