SP 00274 68358
Rose Cottage, Hewell Close, Redditch, Worcestershire B97 5SP
Pre-New Town Location
Click image to Enlarge
Information about this Farm:
HOLYOAKE'S FARM, known as such since the seventeenth century, has a long history, having been one of the granges of Bordeslcy Abbey in the thirteenth century. When in 1827 the walled kitchen garden of Hewell Grange was made on some of the land of what had been Cutford Farm, the remaining few acres of this small farm, on which half a million bricks for the garden wall and buildings had been made from the clay soil, were absorbed into Holyoake's Farm.
Source: A Hundred Years In Tardebigge – The Revd Alan White