SO 97732 67420
Copyholt Ln, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire B60 3BA
Information about this Farm:
TARDEBIGGE FARM, known in earlier years as Webb's Farm, is situated just inside the boundary of the parish, in Copyholt Lane. The farmhouse, a spectacular black and white timbered building, is believed to date back to 1562. It has much exposed timberwork, wattle and daub walls, flagstone floors, fine fireplaces and a period staircase, and it is believed to have been built for John Nash, a Birmingham merchant. The Nash family certainly owned the farm until well into the 1800s. They were connected with Tardebigge Church. Thomas Nash was married there in 1698, and Goodwin Nash was churchwarden in 1746, his name being on one of the church bells.
William Albutt, farmer and carpenter, was the tenant around 1900, soon to be followed by members of the Leedham family who were Quakers and meetings of The Society of Friends were held in the farmhouse.
Source: A Hundred Years In Tardebigge – The Revd Alan White
Click image to enlarge