Information about this Farm:
HIGH BARN FARM at Vigo, on the south side of the road between Broad Green and Burcot, was part of the Allbright's Finstall Estates until purchased by the tenant farmer, Norman Hall, in 1947.
Some of the High Barn Farm land is situated beside the Lickey Incline, and in the days of steam trains, the farm then being partly arable, the corn occasionally caught fire due to sparks from the steam locomotives. Drivers and firemen on banking engines descending the Incline were in the habit of throwing coal at the rabbits, which could be killed by a blow on the back of the neck, and some of them later retrieved. As much as two or three hundredweight of this coal could be collected from the land with a tractor in six months and used on the farm.
Source: A Hundred Years In Tardebigge – The Revd Alan White