Information about this Farm:
HATCHETT'S FARM has been in existence since before the 18th ccnturv. It was part of the Bentley Estate and was over 100 acres in extent until sold with just 12 acres of land in 1968. The relatively modern farmhouse was built in 1880. Unfortunately an old listed tithe barn was blown down in 1988.
It was on Chapel Meadow, part of the farm, that sandstone remains of the medieval chapel of St Stephen, together with fragments of potterv and other items were discovered around 1964 by William Lowe's daughter, Christine. In the 14th century this chapel, attached to Bentley Manor, was served by the monks of Bordesley Abbey who supplied a priest to take the services. Its subsequent history is unknown.
Source: A Hundred Years In Tardebigge – The Revd Alan White